- Devils (and referees) beat Flyers 2-1Posted 7 hours ago
- Eagles Release Chung, Re-sign Donnie JonesPosted 12 hours ago
- Sixers Fade Away Against Knicks 123-110Posted 1 day ago
- Eagles Working On Bringing Back Donnie JonesPosted 2 days ago
- Philadelphia Flyers Survive Washington Capitals Comeback, Win 6-4Posted 6 days ago
- Philadelphia Flyers Ship Andrej Meszaros Up To BostonPosted 7 days ago
- Flyers Add Andrew MacDonaldPosted 1 week ago
- Philadelphia Eagles Release WR Jason AvantPosted 1 week ago
- Sixers Losing Streak Extended To 14 With Loss To MagicPosted 1 week ago
- Sixers Fail to Find the Answer Against the Washington WizardsPosted 1 week ago
Kris Letang Is Interested In Becoming A Flyer
- Updated: June 28, 2013
The Pittsburgh Penguins are in a bit of a situation, not that we care but this may interest you. With the signings of Evgeni Malkin and Kris Kunitz, the Penguins still have one major piece to resign. Kris Letang, the Penguins best defenseman and Norris Trophy nominee will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
The Pens and Letang are struggling to reach an agreement on a contract extension. Sources say that the Penguins offered the defensive lacking, highly offensive defenseman an 8 year, $54 million deal without a no trade clause. Letang countered back with an 8 year, $62.5 million contract which included a full no trade clause.
Both sides claim to be working hard on an agreement, but as each day goes by the chances he returns to Pittsburgh are getting slimmer. So why are we posting this? Kris Letang has his sights set on a few teams if this struggle continues with Pittsburgh, and your Philadelphia Flyers are one of them.
“Toronto isn’t the only city Letang has done his homework on. Sources say Philadelphia is also very high on Letang’s preferred destinations were a deal with Pittsburgh not to be worked out.”
Read the full story on Inside Pittsburgh Sports.