- Third Period Outburst Launches ComebackPosted 9 hours ago
- Nick Foles: 2013 NFL MVP?Posted 12 hours ago
- Raffl Proving His WorthPosted 2 days ago
- Flyers Win Seventh-Streit At HomePosted 2 days ago
- Eagles Fell Into The TrapPosted 4 days ago
- Flyers Let Up; Lose in ShootoutPosted 4 days ago
- First Line Spoils Briere’s Return, Flyers Win 2-1Posted 7 days ago
- Flyers Road Trip Ends With A Huge LossPosted 8 days ago
- Clippers Prove To Be Too Much For SixersPosted 10 days ago
- Roy Halladay To Retire a Blue JayPosted 11 days ago
Kris Letang Is Interested In Becoming A Flyer
- Updated: June 28, 2013
The Pittsburgh Penguins are in a bit of a situation, not that we care but this may interest you. With the signings of Evgeni Malkin and Kris Kunitz, the Penguins still have one major piece to resign. Kris Letang, the Penguins best defenseman and Norris Trophy nominee will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
The Pens and Letang are struggling to reach an agreement on a contract extension. Sources say that the Penguins offered the defensive lacking, highly offensive defenseman an 8 year, $54 million deal without a no trade clause. Letang countered back with an 8 year, $62.5 million contract which included a full no trade clause.
Both sides claim to be working hard on an agreement, but as each day goes by the chances he returns to Pittsburgh are getting slimmer. So why are we posting this? Kris Letang has his sights set on a few teams if this struggle continues with Pittsburgh, and your Philadelphia Flyers are one of them.
“Toronto isn’t the only city Letang has done his homework on. Sources say Philadelphia is also very high on Letang’s preferred destinations were a deal with Pittsburgh not to be worked out.”
Read the full story on Inside Pittsburgh Sports.