- Rangers Block Everything, Take Game Three 4-1Posted 1 day ago
- Flyers Get Help From Unlikely Heroes, Take Game 2 In Comeback FashionPosted 3 days ago
- Flyers Get Outworked In Game One, Lose 4-1Posted 7 days ago
- Sixers End Season With A WinPosted 1 week ago
- 2013-2014 Philadelphia Flyers Playoff Pump-upPosted 1 week ago
- Philadelphia Flyers Sign Shayne GostisbeherePosted 1 week ago
- Andrew MacDonald, Flyers Reach ExtensionPosted 1 week ago
- The Flyers-Rangers Rivalry Needs ThisPosted 1 week ago
- Sixers Squeak by Celtics 113-108Posted 1 week ago
- Flyers-Rangers Playoff Schedule- Round 1Posted 2 weeks ago
Kris Letang Is Interested In Becoming A Flyer
- Updated: June 28, 2013
The Pittsburgh Penguins are in a bit of a situation, not that we care but this may interest you. With the signings of Evgeni Malkin and Kris Kunitz, the Penguins still have one major piece to resign. Kris Letang, the Penguins best defenseman and Norris Trophy nominee will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
The Pens and Letang are struggling to reach an agreement on a contract extension. Sources say that the Penguins offered the defensive lacking, highly offensive defenseman an 8 year, $54 million deal without a no trade clause. Letang countered back with an 8 year, $62.5 million contract which included a full no trade clause.
Both sides claim to be working hard on an agreement, but as each day goes by the chances he returns to Pittsburgh are getting slimmer. So why are we posting this? Kris Letang has his sights set on a few teams if this struggle continues with Pittsburgh, and your Philadelphia Flyers are one of them.
“Toronto isn’t the only city Letang has done his homework on. Sources say Philadelphia is also very high on Letang’s preferred destinations were a deal with Pittsburgh not to be worked out.”
Read the full story on Inside Pittsburgh Sports.