WP: Steve Cishek (5-2, 2.77 ERA) LP: Josh Lindblom (3-4, 3.34 ERA)
A September game consisting of two non-contending teams definitely will draw minimal interest from the media and the respective city's fans. Both teams tonight, with nothing to play far, hardly brought anything to the table.
The Phillies were trailing 1-0 heading into the top of the eighth inning, before Jimmy Rollins tied it on a RBI-single to left field. The one previous Marlins' run came from a moon-shot home run in the bottom of the fourth from Giancarlo Stanton.
Rollins' RBI prevented Cliff Lee from losing his ninth game of the season. He threw very well yet again tonight, lowering his ERA to (3.12). In seven innings, Cliff gave up just one run on three hits and zero walks. 61 of his 86 total pitches were thrown for strikes.
Sadly, in the bottom of the ninth, Josh Lindblom allowed the walk-off single to Carlos Ruiz. With tonight's loss, the Phillies have fallen under (.500) with just five games left to play in the season.
Roy Halladay (10-8), despite coming off of an injury, will start tomorrow evening against Ricky Nolasco (12-12). The game will start at 7:10 pm EST, and can be seen on CSN and heard on 1210 WPHT AM & 94 WIP FM.
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Cliff Lee: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO, 1 HR, 3.12 ERA
- Mark Buehrle: 8.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO, 0 HR, 3.74 ERA
- Phillippe Aumont (8th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 3.29 ERA
- Josh Lindblom (9th): 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 3.34 ERA
- Steve Cishek (9th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 2.77 ERA
- Bottom of the 4th (Phillies 0, Marlins 1): Giancarlo Stanton homers (35) on a fly ball to left field.
- Top of the 8th (Phillies 1, Marlins 1): Jimmy Rollins singles on a line drive to left fielder Bryan Petersen. John Mayberry scores.
- Bottom of the 9th (Phillies 1, Marlins 2): Carlos Ruiz singles on a line drive to left fielder Laynce Nix. Bryan Petersen scores.
- Saturday, September 29, 2012; 7:10 pm EST
- Philadelphia Phillies (78-79) at Miami Marlins (67-90)
- Roy Halladay (10-8, 4.40 ERA) vs. Ricky Nolasco (12-12, 4.35 ERA
- TV: CSN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
Matt Rappa is a contributor for Buzz on Broad. You can find him on Twitter at @mattrappa.