Unfortunately, the NHL and NHLPA could not agree on a deal before their September 15th deadline. The negotiations have been a series of ups and downs that led to the third lockout of in the tenure of NHL comissioner Gary Bettman.
While the fans are upset, and rightfully so, there is nothing that we can do. Unfollowing @NHL on twitter or not buying clothes from the online shop wouldn't have prevented and won't put an end to a lockout.
Here at Buzz on Broad, we want hockey to live on for the diehard fans. In running this contest, myself, along with co-owners Rob Giannone and Danny Ricciardi hope to make the best of this unfortunate situation.
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
We are excited (well, kind of) to announce the plans for our NHL Lockout contest. In this contest, we ask you, the fans, exactly how long you think the lockout is going to last. You are asked to tweet your answer to our twitter account for a chance to win!
- You MUST be following @BuzzOnBroad on twitter to be entered. Answers submitted by users not following the account will not be counted.
- The hashtag "#LockoutBuzz" must be included in your answer as well.
- There is a limit of one (1) submission per person.
- All answers must be submitted via twitter.
- Answers must be submitted in terms of days (ex: 14 days, 23 days, 52 days, 98 days).
- The winner will be the person who guessed the exact date or is the closest. Will be determined when the lockout is over.
- In the event of a tie, names will be put into a hat and the drawn name will win.
The winner will receive a t-shirt from our "Buzzwear" Collection along with another great prize that we are working on.
You may begin to tweet your answers to us. Good luck to you all and I hope we can end this contest soon!
**Deadline is Tuesday, September 26th at midnight.
Andrew Dintino is a Lead Contributor/Flyers Analyst for Buzz on Broad.
You can follow him on twitter @AndrewD48 for the latest news regarding the Philadelphia Flyers.
With any questions, contact via email: email@example.com