WP: Cliff Lee (0-5, 4.13 ERA)
LP: Josh Johnson (5-5, 3.80 ERA)
Cliff Lee's struggles in the 2012 season continued to exist in the first game of the current road trip. He lasted just four and two-thirds innings, allowing two walks, 10 hits, and six earned runs. Lee has an 8.64 ERA in his last three outings. In his last eight outings, he has a 5.68 ERA.
With tonight's loss, according to Todd Zolecki, the Phillies are seven games under the .500 winning percentage for the first time since April 20, 2007.
Cole Hamels starts tomorrow afternoon in the second game of the series.
- Howard Watch: Ryan went 1-for-2 with a single and a strikeout in his second rehab game at Lakewood. He played five innings at 1B.
- Jim Thome would consider a trade proposal if it means more playing time. He does not have a no-trade clause, however.
- Roy Halladay threw a bullpen session earlier today. Rich Dubee said he threw 33 pitches, and was encouraged enough to believe Halladay might be a little ahead of schedule.
- Cliff Lee has a 4.13 ERA, his highest this late in a season since 2006 when he finished with a 6.29 ERA. - @magelb
- In the month of June, Phillies starters have a 5.04 ERA.
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Cliff Lee: 4.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, 0 HR, 4.13 ERA
- Josh Johnson: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO, 1 HR, 3.80 ERA
In the 'Pen:
- Raul Valdes (5th, 6th, 7th): 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 3.84 ERA
- Edward Mujica (7th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 4.46 ERA
- Mike Dunn (8th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 6.60 ERA
- Jeremy Horst (8th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 0.00 ERA
- Ryan Webb (9th): 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 5.08 ERA
- Bottom of the 1st (Phillies 0, Marlins 1): Logan Morrison grounds out softly. Jose Reyes scores.
- Bottom of the 3rd (Phillies 0, Marlins 2): Giancarlo Stanton singles on a ground ball to left fielder Juan Pierre. Hanley Ramirez scores.
- Bottom of the 3rd (Phillies 0, Marlins 3): Omar Infante out on a sacrifice fly to center fielder Shane Victorino. Giancarlo Stanton scores.
- Top of the 4th (Phillies 1, Marlins 4): Hunter Pence homers (15) on a fly ball to right field.
- Bottom of the 5th (Phillies 1, Marlins 5): Justin Ruggiano doubles (8) on a line drive to center fielder Shane Victorino. Giancarlo Stanton, Logan Morrison score.
- Bottom of the 5th (Phillies 1, Marlins 6): John Buck singles on a line drive to left fielder Juan Pierre. Justin Ruggiano scores.
- Top of the 9th (Phillies 2, Marlins 6): Hunter Pence singles on a soft fly ball to left fielder Justin Ruggiano. Chase Utley scores.
- Saturday, June 30, 2012; 4:10 pm EST
- Philadelphia Phillies (36-43) at Miami Marlins (36-40)
- Cole Hamels (10-3, 3.03 ERA) vs. Mark Buehrle (6-8, 3.55 ERA)
- TV: CSN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
Matt Rappa is a contributor for Buzz on Broad. You can find him on Twitter at @mattrappa.