WP: Chad Billingsley (3-4, 3.80)
LP: Cliff Lee (0-3, 2.92)
SV: Kenley Jansen (8)
In his 20th career double-digit strikeout game, Cliff Lee went 7.2 innings allowing six hits and just one walk. Unfortunately, Cliff gave up a 2-run double to Herrera with two outs in the 8th inning, the game-winning runs for the LA Dodgers.
The Phils' only run came in the bottom of the first, as Hunter Pence singled to left field scoring Jimmy Rollins.
Cliff Lee remains winless heading into the second week of June.
Cliff Lee is the first Phillies pitcher to go winless over his first nine starts of a season with an ERA of 3.00 or lower since 1912. (via @JeffSkversky)
According to Todd Zolecki, the Phillies have scored just 16 runs for Cliff Lee in his nine starts.
Attendance: 43,989 (233rd consecutive regular-season sellout)
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Chad Billingsley: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 0 HR, 3.80 ERA
- Cliff Lee: 7.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 12 SO, 0 HR, 2.92 ERA
In the 'Pen:
- Chad Qualls (8th, 9th): 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 4.15 ERA
- Josh Lindblom (8th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 2.60 ERA
- Kenley Jansen (9th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 1.95 ERA
- Bottom of the 1st (Dodgers 0, Phillies 1): Hunter Pence singles on a sharp ground ball to left fielder Alex Castellanos. Jimmy Rollins scores.
- Top of the 8th (Dodgers 2, Phillies 1): Elian Herrera doubles (5) on a fly ball to center fielder Shane Victorino. Bobby Abreu, Dee Gordon score.
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012; 7:05 pm EST
- Los Angeles Dodgers (35-21) at Philadelphia Phillies (28-29)
- Chris Capuano (7-2, 2.50 ERA) vs. Kyle Kendrick (2-4, 4.02 ERA)
- TV: CSN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
Matt Rappa is a contributor for Buzz on Broad. You can find him on Twitter at @mattrappa.