Final: Marlins 5, Phillies 1.
WP: Carlos Zambrano (4-3, 2.81)
LP: Joe Blanton (4-6, 5.27)
The Philles suffered a disappointing loss today as the Marlins were able to silent the bats in their 5-1 win. The game took a turn for the worse as early as the 3rd inning where opposing pitcher Carlos Zambrano hit a solo home-run to deep center field. He then found his grove on the mound retiring 13 straight from the 2nd inning to the 6th.
Joe Blanton, on the other hand, did not have the right stuff, giving up all 5 ER runs to the Marlins. He is the first Phillies pitcher in 6 years to allow 5 or more runs in 4 consecutive starts.
The Phillies offense mustered 6 hits and remain winless in the 21 games where they've trailed after the 7th inning. It was a tough one for the fans to sit through on this Sunday afternoon.
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Joe Blanton: 6.0 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, 2 HR, 5.27 ERA
- Carlos Zambrano: 7.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO, 2.81 HR, 4.69 ERA
- Top of the 3rd (Phillies o, Marlins 1): Carlos Zambrano homers (1) on a fly ball to left center field.
- Top of the 4th (Phillies 0, Marlins 2): Hanley Ramirez homers (11) on a fly ball to left field.
- Top of the 7th (Phillies 0, Marlins 4): Jose Reyes doubles (12) on a line drive to right fielder Hunter Pence. John Buck scores. Chris Coghlan scores. Carlos Zambrano to 3rd.
- Top of the 7th (Phillies 0, Marlins 5): With Hanley Ramirez batting, wild pitch by Chad Qualls, Carlos Zambrano scores. Jose Reyes to 3rd.
- Bottom of the 8th (Phillies 1, Mets 5): Juan Pierre singles on a ground ball to center fielder Chris Coghlan. Brian Schneider scores.
- Monday, June 4, 2012; 7:05 pm EST
- Los Angeles Dodgers (33-21) at Philadelphia Phillies (28-27)
- TV: CSN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP